A simple yet delicious green smoothie recipe with apple, banana and spinach to get your daily vitamins and fibers for an energy packed day! The smoothie has an incredibly fresh, sweet and a bit of a sour kick for the flavor with an amazing bright green color.
It’s a classic green smoothie which every fan of smoothie should try! Without containing any dairy or gluten making it also vegan friendly and a great option for people with any dietary restrictions.
Optionally if you’re missing your daily protein intake, be sure to add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to it or add more ingredients form this post: High Protein Sources For Smoothies & Shakes (Protein Powder Substitutes)
What Do You Need for This Green Smoothie?
- Banana – if possible go with frozen peeled banana as it gives the smoothie a better texture. If you don’t have any then a fresh banana is good as well.
- Apple – juicy and fruity taste comes from a perfect apple.
- Chia seeds – chia seeds give the smoothie a nice crunch to it and are packed with fibers.
- Baby spinach leaves – color green and a great neutral taste comes from fresh baby spinach leaves.
- Lime juice – squeeze juice from half of a lime to add extra fresh taste.
- Water – Fresh cold water.
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 cup (30g) of baby spinach leaves
- 1 large banana
- ½ of an apple
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- ½ fresh lime or 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 cup of water
- Add a scoop of your preferred protein powder if you’re missing your daily intake of proteins.
Nutritional Value for Green Smoothie
213 calories / 46g carbs / 3.4g fats / 4.1g proteins / 9.6g dietary fiber / 24g sugars
More delicious green smoothies found in here: BEST Green Smoothie Recipes (Tips, Benefits and More)