This creamy chicken spinach pasta recipe is definitely a go to lunch or dinner option if you’re looking for a new quick and simple, yet delicious and healthy pasta recipe. Even though this recipe consists of only a few ingredients, it’s packed with flavor and I’m sure you’ll be adding it to your regular weekly menu. It’s also a great option for everybody who’s trying to achieve their fitness goals or track their macros as it only uses fresh and low calorie ingredients.
If you are looking for meal prep ideas then this recipe is a perfect fit for that.
Ingredients You’ll Need for the Recipe
- Any of your favorite pasta – Honestly any kind of pasta works great, just go with the one that you like best or have in your stock. If you’re gluten intolerant, then go with the gluten-free pasta option.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast– Personally I find the chicken breast being the best & healthiest option for this recipe as it’s low in calories & fats and at the same time high in proteins.
- Leek – Leeks have a bit more kick of flavor than an onion and go well with every creamy pasta recipe. Regular onion will do just as good but definitely give it a go with the leek to spice things up. For this recipe you’ll need to use the lower half which is the light green and white part of the leek.
- Baby spinach leaves – Baby spinach leaves give a bit of sweetness and a lot of freshness to the pasta. They might seem to have a lot of volume uncooked, but once cooked they will shrink by a lot so don’t be afraid to add lots of it to your pasta dishes.
- Low calorie/light cooking cream – These days there’s pretty much any kind of cooking cream out there depending on what you prefer. I’m personally using a lactose-free 15% fat cooking cream, but depending on your calorie or dietary needs you can go with a vegan option or any of your favorite cooking cream.
- Grated parmesan cheese – Parmesan cheese goes amazing with any creamy pasta sauce. It’s a healthy and delicious source of fat, higher in proteins and easier to digest than most other cheese options.
- Olive oil – I find olive oil to be the best option for any pasta dish as it’s one of the most neutral flavor cooking oil options while also being one of the healthiest at the same time.
- Seasoning – For this recipe all you need is salt, pepper, fresh or granulated garlic or regular garlic powder and optionally some smoked paprika powder. If you’re not a fan of garlic, it will do just as good with just salt and pepper.
Chicken Spinach Pasta Recipe
Creamy chicken pasta with spinach recipe that is really easy to make. It is one of our favorite quick meals to make on a busy day.
Ingredients (2 Servings)
- 1 Boneless skinless chicken breast (~ 0.5 lb / 220g)
- 1 small leek
- 2 cups / 60 grams of baby spinach leaves
- 1.2 cups / 300 ml of light cooking cream
- 2 oz / 50 grams of grated parmesan
- 5.3 oz / 150 grams of dry pasta of your choice
- 1 tbsp / 14 ml of olive oil
- Salt and pepper for flavoring
- Granulated garlic or 1 piece of fresh garlic (optional)
- Paprika powder or smoked paprika powder for flavoring (optional)