Hands down the best creamy mushroom sauce which is great to use with basically everything but especially works well with steak, chicken, potatoes, pasta or any of your favorite meat dishes. It’s incredibly simple and fast to make with minimal ingredients, while being packed with flavor and being an ultimate comfort food. You’ll definitely surprise your friends and family when you add it to your next dinner party with everybody asking for the recipe afterwards.
Mushroom Sauce Ingredients
- Champignon mushrooms – Champignons are my personal favorites even though pretty much any type of mushroom works great with this recipe. The benefit of champignons is that they’re basically in every grocery store and one of the cheapest options, but at the same time packed with flavor and definitely an underrated ingredient.
- Onion – Onion will give the sauce a nice sweet and savory flavor and a lot of depth. Red onions will do just as good as a regular onion.
- Grated parmesan cheese – parmesan is just my personal favorite here but honestly any grated emmental cheese or dry aged cheese works perfectly. Also doing a mix of different sorts of cheese is very welcomed!
- Cooking cream – a regular 15% cooking cream is the way to go here. There are many lactose free and vegan substitutes in most stores for people who have some dietary restrictions.
- Olive oil – If you’re looking out for calories, it’s best to just go with some olive oil, but if calories is not an issue, I recommend adding a knob(1-2 tbsp) of butter as well for some extra flavor.
- Fresh/Dried parsley – the parsley in the sauce will add a bit of freshness and give it a bit of color that goes perfect with it. I usually prefer fresh parsley but if I don’t have any lying around, dried parsley will do just as good of a job.
- Seasoning – All you need is just some salt and pepper. If you want to go extra, you can add some dried tarragon which is a really unique and awesome kick of flavor for meat sauces especially sauces which contain onions in it.
Delicious Creamy Mushroom Sauce Recipe
Delicious creamy mushroom sauce recipe that is perfect for everything. Use it with your next steak or other meat dish. Also goes great with pasta and potatoes. It is really hard to find something that it doesn’t go with so give it a try!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 1.2 cups / 300 ml of light cooking cream
- 200g of mushrooms
- 1 oz / 30 g of grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp / 14 ml of olive oil
- Fresh or dried parsley
- Salt and pepper for flavoring
Nutritional value per recipe (4 servings):
771 calories / 20g carbs / 67g fats / 35 g proteins / 2g dietary fiber / 16g sugar
Nutritional value per recipe (1 serving) :
193 calories / 5g carbs / 16.5g fats / 8.75g proteins / 0.5g dietary fiber / 4g sugar